It’s grilling season and you know what that means: burgers, and lots of them!
In this entry, we will be taking a look at some of the trends that are taking over the burger world this year.
- Chorizo – This spicy Latino staple is making its mark on the burger world. Whether it’s a patty made purely of chorizo, or a spicy blend, this sausage lends itself to truly unique flavors that can be paired with a multitude of trendy toppings.
- Pineapple (yes, I said Pineapple) – McDonald’s in Australia recently launched its campaign for a sandwich topped with grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and you guessed it: PINEAPPLE. Adding a sweet variance to different meats is a trend that is gaining speed. Not ready for full slices of this succulent fruit? Try a sweet and spicy pineapple salsa atop your burger.
- Snacking it up– From fries, to tots, to flaming Cheetos, to Mac N’ Cheese bites, people are looking for toppings that go way beyond the normal lettuce and tomato.
- Brew Burgers– Whether it’s whiskey pickled pickles, creamy beer cheese, or beer braised bacon, consumers are loving the brew & burger pairings. Want to go one step further? Suggest a burger and beer pairing to go along with your boozy burger.
- Breakfast Burgers – A crisp and creamy fried egg, candied bacon, or even maple syrup can turn a burger into a brunch favorite. More and more consumers are loving breakfast items on their burgers.
Be sure to try out some of these hot burger trends for your 2017 summer menu!