The holidays can be an excellent time to expand your business through catering! The key is to be prepared and plan ahead. Below are some tips and tricks to get you ready for the holiday season.
- Be sure to develop a special holiday menu for catering purposes. Decide early on what days of the week you’ll be offering this menu and if you’ll be offering larger or smaller packages based on the party size. You also want to decide what (if any) days you are willing to cater in-house and accommodate large parties.
- Prepare for the holiday season. Whether this be through hiring additional staffing or advertising your holiday specials, you’ll want to take these steps before the holiday rush comes.
- Spread the word! Approach local businesses about catering their holiday parties. Use social media to share your services and specials. Develop your packages and pricing before a customer has to ask.
- Host your own holiday kickoff party! From an ugly sweater party, to tree lighting, to a Santa bar crawl and everything in between, use a kickoff to start the holiday season off right and advertise your holiday offerings.
- Try offering a Black Friday deal. You can offer specials for those that need a break from turkey and relief from shopping, or a gift card special for people looking to check a special someone off their list!
No matter if you choose to follow one or all of these tips, the key is to amplify your business, not stress it. The golden rule is to “do no harm” while adding to your holiday business and you will have a successful holiday season.